Wake Up! Your Sleep can save your life.
Have you noticed we're almost 6 months into a pandemic, or are you too tired to know what day it is?
If 2020 has been keeping you up at night ... you're going to love this.
Last week on Wednesday 5th August 2020 I was thrilled to be invited to speak with the incredibly talented and knowledgeable Deepa Kannan on The Sleep Whisperer Podcast (links to podcast found below).
For those who have been following my journey, you'll understand how excited I was by the opportunity to share an open conversation on a topic that is deeply connected to me through my own personal experience. If you're new around here, you're probably wondering why I'm so passionate about bedtime!
Over the last 20 years my profound interest in health and overall wellness has led to me discovering a multitude causes, reasons, and remedies for an array of internal and external disorders.
As it turns out, Sleep is one of the most important contributors to living a full and healthy life and I openly promote more conversation around this topic (see my blog post on sleep here).
In this podcast you'll hear:
- A raw and deeply personal story of my depression and how sleep challenges devastated all aspects of my life for over 4 years
- I'll explain what 'Sleep Disruption' really is, the biochemical effects, and the direct connection between sleep and your mental
- We take a deep dive into the stages of sleep (you can find out more about this my "Sleep" blog here) and why we are programmed to sleep at certain times of the day
- We look at how aromatherapy can be a powerful way to support your sleep, and the scientific and physiological thoughts
- behind using them
- I share my personal routine, tips and tricks to achieve a quality night's sleep
I'm certain you'll find this podcast to be informative and inspiring and if you're keen to know more about the connection between sleep and your overall health ... let's talk.
In the meanwhile, below are my go-to diffuser recipes for you to try for yourself and your family:
Aside from the delightful scents and the head-space these beautiful oils promote, the evening routine has created a calming bedtime ritual for the whole family.
I'll keep sending updates and sharing recipes and if there's anything specific you'd like to hear about - please let me know.
For your convenience, the podcast can also be found here:
GooglePlay | Stitcher | Spotify | Libysn Direct